Saturday, March 9, 2013

Into The Darkness-EP

Looks like I forgot to write about Into The Darkness-EP. Oops
Well as a lot of you may know by now, I have it, just like any other Satan's Angels album. This is their second EP and is a prelude of what we may receive at Blood Rose Garden on the 20th. On December 10th, the day it came out, I ran out of my house, tripped over a tree root sticking out into the sidewalk, bought the EP for 16 bucks, ran back home, tripped over the same root, dropped the cd, panicked, picked it back up and continued back home, popped it in my computer, burned it onto my iTunes library and listened to it. After hearing the first song I boofed so hard I woke up the aliens sleeping on Venus. Havana In Vegas, the first song, is just a kick starter for the whole thing. It featuresStrobel singing on all tracks including this one ( but I guess you know that by now, BOOF). And the hottest band leader of them all, Francois, says " yes idiots. The first initials do make up HIV. My intended plan". It follows up with It's All 4 You. It's a love song that I presume is about a one sided relationship with a girl who doesn't value her boyfriend's sacrifices and passion. It has a weird dance break down at the bridge but then goes back to metal, and Francois gets his only singing part of the whole song: a 4 second demon bellow (hey it's something). The track after that is Mephisto...Be Damned...(it is spelled just like that). It has a very fast intro with a face melting guitar and bass lick. There is some speaking parts done by Strobel himself in the beginning and bridge, which he admits to ripping from an August Burns Red concert he went to. It has a slightly religious meaning to it as it talks about a teenager's struggle with faith. After that is the sad, haunting song The Prayer Of A Dying Man. It has many religious allusions such as answering Gods call or whatever. Francois and Strobel are still nihilists though. There is heavy string action as well as a beautiful piano solo at the end which one does not simply skip over it. The final song is Rorschach and Deadpool. Francois said that Rorschach and Deadpool is a mini series on YouTube that he is following. It is short but also very moving as you just feel the whole song course through you. It has nothing to do with YouTube so if you thought it did, youre wrong.
The EP was great. Anyone who is a fan of Strobels voice will definitely enjoy it more than a majority of fans. We are gonna see great things out of Blood Rose Garden. Dans superior drumming and the inhaled screams made me boof, so trust me, you'll boof too (yeah I say boof a lot. So what? I don't know what it means, but it's fun to say). Um, well that was awkward. It's a 5 star EP. Get it while you can. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment